Friday, May 8, 2009

Maquette!

Here are some photos of my very first maquette! It was a lot of fun to do.. probably the most fun I've had all semester. Super Sculpey is nice to work with, though it does get really soft after a while if your hands are kinda hot, so doing thin areas like the eyes were pretty challenging.

I know in the last post I said that I needed to go to workshops.. but it's been hard for me to find time or energy for them with all the homework I've been given every week. Hopefully I can go to some during summer. In the meantime, here are some quick 2 minute drawings that I did in class. They're all the same model, but the goal was to characterize and exaggerate proportions and stuff. The model we had that day was really great - he really got into character and did some nice dynamic poses that were a lot of fun to draw. I've never seen him model in any of my other classes before, but hopefully he'll be back some time.

4 comments:

Anh Lu said...

how cute! I like the concept. =) In case I don't see you have a great summer!

The_Geeks said...

the maquette is super clean..we better hang over the summer :)

theo said...

hey Joanne! I'm glad I found ur blog! This is Theo from heads and hands class a couple semesters ago. How have you been? I'm gonna post a link to your blog on mine. Check it out if u can. theofelizzola.blogspot.com

Eunju Newhouse said...

I love your maquette. It looks great. It was a joy having you in my class.